[Advisory] Draft program for the Berlin 13 Open Access Conference on 21/22 March 2017

Katrine Weisteen Bjerde k.w.bjerde at cristin.no
Tue Dec 6 07:27:35 CET 2016

Dear Virginia

In Norway we are also profoundly worried about the dominance of the large publishers, but we support the flipping model for almost the exact opposite two reasons that you gave:

- At least the open model makes it easier for alternative models to enter the market
- There is an absolute guarantee that not changing anything will keep the costsincreasing

I also agree that it is possible to implement the flipping in a way that increases cost (e.g. by not limiting the amount paid for APCs), which is why I believe it is so important to outline a set of best practice models.

Regards
Katrine