[RDMO-info] Beta-Template for Software Management Plans in RDMO

Grossmann, Yves Vincent grossmann at mpdl.mpg.de
Fri Oct 14 08:25:48 CEST 2022

Dear colleagues,

scientific software is not always written by trained software developers. To
support scientists who are self-taught in writing code for their research,
we have created a template including questions for a software management
plan. Mentally, it is similar to a data management plan. In terms of
content, of course, there are few points of contact.

We wrote this SMP template for the online tool RDMO. The SMP is available as
a beta version in our RDMO instance (https://rdmo.mpdl.mpg.de); easy login
via MPG-SSO.

We would like to further develop this first version and later also hand it
over to the RDMO community under CC0. Before that, however, we still have to
do some work on the content.

So I wanted to ask in this round if you could give us some feedback on this?
What are the issues for (non-)experts in a software project but not yet
present in this SMP? Which questions could also be taken out or merged (keep
it simple, stupid.)?

We would be very pleased to receive constructive feedback on this!

All the best,

Yves

_________________________

Dr. Yves Vincent Grossmann (he/him)